NIDAC Seeks Full Stack Developer
NIDAC is seeking a full-stack developer to take on a tech lead role in its Melbourne-based access control manufacturing business.
The successful application will use their react/typescript/node.js/SQL experience, knowledge of docker, and automate-first approach to lead a small team of in-house developers through the process of developing, testing, and supporting NIDAC’S software-based products
The successful application will be actively involved in exploring and implementing new technologies, will think critically when planning to assure project success, will have the autonomy to complete projects and participate in strategic product planning and will report to the managing director.
As the successful candidate, you will be passionate about product design and innovation, with very high attention to detail. You excel in taking a hands-on approach to solving complex project challenges. You will have:
* A tertiary qualification in BSc or BA/Honours/Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline plus an appropriate level of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training, or professional accreditation
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Proven knowledge and successful execution of software development methodologies
* Experience working as part of a Scrum Agile team
* Be a Full Stack developer
* Intermediate to senior software development skills
* A clear demonstration of technical team leadership and working with docker to enable team development and delivery (not merely spinning up a docker container)
* Have a test-driven development approach.
Specific technical skills and experience will include:
* Distributed computing
* React 16+
* Sqlite (PostgreSQL)
* Ssh/bash (comfortable in linux environment)
* Some flavour of network comms (TCP/IP, UDP) with gRPC preferred
* CI/CD, automated testing.
NIDAC is offering:
* A generous remuneration package
* Immediate start for the right candidate
* Potential for either a permanent or contract role.
NIDAC was founded in Melbourne in 1966 and continues to design and manufacture quality security and access control equipment – it is the longest-standing security manufacturer in Australia, is family-owned and managed, has a great culture and places great value on staff engagement.
Send your CV and covering letter and direct any enquiries to [email protected]