Optic Wins Manukau District Health
♦ Optic Wins Manukau District Health – Optic Security Group has won a contract to support a large enterprise access control and CCTV maintenance and solutions for Counties Manukau District Health Board in New Zealand.
CMDHB sought a security integrator capable of handling managed access control systems handling in excess of 1000 doors, plus a CCTV system containing in excess of 500 cameras – the provider was required to be certified in Gallagher and Milestone.
Middlemore Hospital is the largest facility under the management of Counties Manukau District Health Board. CMDHB manages multiple other facilities, which include Kidz First Children’s Hospital, the Manukau Surgery Centre, Pukekohe Hospital, Franklin Memorial Hospital, Botany Downs Maternity Unit and Papakura Maternity Unit, as well as dedicated mental health and rehabilitation units. There are also specialised smaller scale health centres including Manukau SuperClinic and Botany SuperClinic.
Security systems services sought by CMDHB for its sites included:
* Preventative maintenance
* Reactive maintenance
* Alarm monitoring from the Gallagher access control system (until established in house), and projects and other minor works.
CMDHB sought a suitably experienced supplier which could show it had:
* Worked on a multi-site environment
* A track record of being able to provide robust, practical, and innovative solutions or options to improve delivery
* Previously provided inventory and resource management and reporting
* A holistic approach to build in future proofing and resilience
* A commitment to ongoing improvement and sharing the benefits
* Been authorised and/or certified to work on Gallagher access control and Milestone CCTV systems.
#SEN #SENnews #security #electronics