ANSTO is seeking submissions from qualified and experienced companies seeking the opportunity to tender for upgrade works associated with ANSTO’s Gallagher access control security system.
The Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation is Australia’s national nuclear research and development organisation and the centre of Australian nuclear expertise. ANSTO is responsible for delivering specialised advice, scientific services and products to government, industry, academia and other research organisations.
ANSTO’s facility covers 70 hectares, has a 4000m perimeter and includes about 150 buildings which have balanced protection in accordance with the Australian government’s PSPF (Protective Security Policy Framework) for government agencies.
ANSTO employs about 1200 staff on the site and there are around 300-400 contractors working across the facility daily, making the access control system and administrative procedures vitally important. ANSTO uses Gallagher’s Cardax UltraSec solution, which is Type-1 endorsed by the Security Construction and Equipment Committee.
Due to the nature of the works, ANSTO is seeking expressions of interests from companies that can meet the necessary prerequisite and security requirements. The upgrade will include supply, install and commissioning of all security hardware to support the upgrade project, such as access controllers and other security components.
The upgrade will also include supply, install and commissioning of upgraded Gallagher head-end security system software to support the site upgrade strategy and the undertaking of works at site to complete the separation of existing access control and site alarm systems as per ANSTO’s specification; as well as the supply of contract deliverables, such as as-built drawings, operations and maintenance drawings to capture the configuration of the system as installed.
The contractor will also be required to supply site training of the upgraded system to ANSTO security staff and provide contract warranty on the works.
It is a requirement that the EOI registrants must have background and experience in the following key requirements:
* Proven ability as a security contractor in the design and implement of high security Government installations;
* Security technical staff working on any design and site works must hold a current Negative Vetting 1 security clearance as issued by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA);
* Accredited Channel Partner for Gallagher security software including Gallagher Ultrasec certification. Extensive knowledge of programming Gallagher system security software;
* Security programming staff working on the Gallagher security system software platform must hold a current Negative Vetting Level 2 security clearance as issued by AGSVA.;
* Project management experience of similar scale regarding Australian Government security projects within the last 5 years;
* High quality documentation covering OEM manuals and/or training course notes;
* Conduct site training on the upgraded head-end security system solution;
* Producing engineering as-built drawings to client drawing standards;
* Quality System certification to undertake design, installation, commissioning and training works to AS/NZS ISO 9001.
The ANSTO access control tender closes June 29, 2016. ♦