BROKEN Hill City Council is inviting tenders from suitable applicants for smart lighting, CCTV and an IoT platform. The projects are part of a plan by council to implement it Smarter Broken Hill project.
“We live in exciting times where our lives are being transformed by digital technology, offering huge opportunities for the community of Broken Hill,” said Mayor, Darriea Torley.
“Council will capitalise on the opportunities presented in this digital age for the benefit of everyone in Broken Hill – our residents, businesses and visitors alike, to make our region more connected and innovative, with enhanced liveability, workability and sustainability.”
The process has seen Council:
* Establish a roadmap and timeline for the initial wave of smart services
* Begin to identify key technology/solution providers and select priority technologies
* Inform residents on Smart Community initiatives already underway or in planning;
* Public Wi-Fi
* Civic centre audio-visual technology
* public safety (smart lighting & smart CCTV)
* Smart parking
* Smart bins
* Living Museum + Perfect Light projects
Tenders must be received by 3pm (ACDT) Wednesday, 14 November 2018 and submitted by email only. Documentation is available by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org