AUSGRID invites the lodgement of tenders in accordance with these RFT documents from suitably experienced companies capable of providing services to successfully complete identified security upgrade works at selected chamber substations throughout the Ausgrid Network.
The identified upgrade works once completed are designed to deter and inhibit unauthorised access to a substation and substation yard without significant use of tools. The successful company(s) will provide holistic services including but not limited to:
* Complete minor building works to accommodate the repair/replacement/installation of:
* Access doors (fire and non-fire)
* Roller shutter doors (with or without wicket doors)
* Louvre doors (and large louvre panels)
* Welded mesh backing to louvres as specified
* Security grills affixed to windows as specified
* Door/window hardware mechanisms as per specifications.
Also required is signage to be supplied and affixed as per specification, outdoor enclosures and fencing is as per site specific designs and specifications and the completion of all works within the energised substation in a safe and timely manner.
Ausgrid is a state owned electricity infrastructure company, which owns, maintains and operates the electrical distribution networks to 1.6 million customers in Sydney, Central Coast, Hunter Region and Newcastle areas of New South Wales. The network supports an area of 22,000 square kilometres including parts of Sydney, the NSW Central Coast and Hunter Valley and it's Australia's most complex. The Ausgrid electricity network is made up of 50,000 kilometres of above and below ground cables, 500,000 power poles, 30,000 distribution substations and 228 zone and subtransmission substations.
The closing date is October 31, 2016. ♦