Australian Security Industry Worth $A11 Billion
Australian security industry worth $A11 billion – Australia’s security industry has an annual turnover of $11 billion according to a report commissioned by national security industry association, ASIAL.
The report found the security industry is growing at 3 per cent and employs 180,000, including 153,000 licensed security personnel, larger than Australia’s combined police and defence forces.
According to the report, the key steps that private security providers can take to be futureproof include:
* Promoting the Private Security industry as a career of choice
* Standardising Private Security industry training and licensing
* Improving and increasing the profile of security professionals in corporate governance
* Professional certifications
* Upskilling, cross-skilling and redefining the role of security personnel
* Improving the profile and public image of security officers
* Establishing and maintaining a united industry voice
* Linking remuneration with qualifications and certifications
* Expanding the role for crisis management with government agencies
* Provide market education and awareness for both security service providers and users
* Embracing technological innovation
* Being attuned to market disruptors.
The key steps that regulators can take to be future ready were identified as:
* Establishing a Security Industry Coordination Office
* Regulatory consistency and reciprocity
* Improved compliance and enforcement
* Industry education
* Industry liaison
* Consumer education.
The report also found that key steps ASIAL can take to assist the industry’s future readiness were included:
* Raising awareness among security service providers and users
* Providing industry thought leadership
* Strengthening its role as the peak security industry body
* Providing stronger advocacy to government
* Establishing a greater role in the national security area
* Conducting applied industry-based research
* Being recognised as the trusted resource on security matters
* Developing industry standards and guidelines
* Improving the role and standing of security management in corporate governance
* Developing professional certifications
* Supporting the industry’s adoption and integration of technology.
#SEN #SENnews #security #electronics