Narrandera Shire Council Public CCTV Upgrade.
Narrandera Shire Council Public CCTV – Narrandera Shire Council is seeking an upgrade to its public CCTV.
The Narrandera Shire Council CCTV network operates in and around the central business district of Narrandera, Narrandera Park and other sites as a tool for public safety and a deterrent for anti-social behaviour and crime prevention, while contributing to a greater sense of safety in the community.
The CCTV cameras may be passively monitored and capture images that can be used to assist NSW Police.
The objectives of Narrandera Shire Council Public CCTV system are:
- To identify and/or prevent illegal and/or inappropriate behaviour in public space such as the Narrandera Main Street and Narrandera Park/or where CCTV cameras are positioned in order to maintain and encourage a safe environment for the Narrandera community
- To act as a deterrent for the prevention of vandalism, graffiti and damage to property
- To permit the controlled provision of information by Council to authorised security and agencies such as Police and the Courts to enable the development of effective responses to recorded, and or observed incidents
- For use as a tool to support the NSW Police in verifying incidents and suspect activities.
Meanwhile, the principles of the Narrandera CCTV system are:
- To operate according to recognised standards such as the NSW Government CCTV guidelines and privacy provisions, as such the operations will not provide for private individuals requesting copies of vision
- To operate with efficiency, impartiality and integrity
- To operate with regard to the public requirements for due care, diligence and confidentiality and respect.
This tender closes on October 3, 2023 – you can find more information and apply for the Narrandera Shire Council Public CCTV tender here or read, see the Narrandera Council CCTV Policy here, or read more SEN news here.
“Narrandera Shire Council Public CCTV Upgrade.”