NSW Roads and Maritime Services, which manages roads and waterways across NSW, has gone to tender seeking the construction of a new security control room, incorporating comprehensive integration of security and communication systems, the implementation of new technologies, including analytics, and the development of a dedicated incident management room.
Objectives of the project are:
1. To establish a secure and resilient security control room and incident management room
2. To deliver enhanced situational awareness and functionality in the protection of RMS critical infrastructure
3. To create an operational environment that is appealing and conducive to 24-hour operations.
The RMS security control room construction project seeks to provide:
* A comprehensive integration of security systems
* A passive control room with analytical support and incident monitoring
* Using all data sources to provide increased situational awareness
* Providing RMS security control room operators with a state-of-the-art facility.
Roads and Maritime Services is an agency of the New South Wales Government responsible for building and maintaining road infrastructure and managing the day-to-day compliance and safety for roads and waterways. RMS has an annual budget of around $A6.5 billion and was created on 1 November 2011 from a merger of the Roads & Traffic Authority and NSW Maritime.
The network that RMS’ 7000 employees maintain and manage includes:
* 18,036km of State roads, including 4317km of National Road Network, for which the Australian Government provides a funding contribution
* 147km of privately-funded toll roads
* 2970km of regional and local roads in the unincorporated area of NSW
* 5287 bridges, major culverts and 22 tunnels
* 3945 traffic signal sites and approximately 12,000 other traffic facilities, systems and corridor assets
* 2137km of coastline and 32,242 square kilometres of navigable waterways
* 47 commuter wharves
* 3463 maritime aids to navigation
* 5,000,000 drivers
* 6,000,000 motor vehicles.
The tender closes October 10, 2019.