PROTEGE Protege half-DIN rail 16-input expander (PRT-HZX16-DIN), provides an additional 16 inputs to the Protege access, security and building automation solution.
The input expander provides extensive hardware advancements that allow flexible input programming and configuration, and is designed for use with industry-standard DIN rail mounting.
Key Features include:
* Expands the Protege system by 16 inputs
* Connect any combination of normally closed or normally open inputs
* Compact two-tier half DIN rail module design
* Utilizes analog to digital processing with 5x over sampling
* 4-state input alarm using resistors to provide short, alarm, closed and tamper conditions
* High Performance 32 Bit processor
* Secure encrypted RS-485 module communications
* Online and remote upgradable firmware
* Designed for use with Industry Standard DIN Rail Mounting
Device power is supplied from a 12VDC input, has low current requirements ensure cost effective power distribution, the compact two-tier half DIN Rail module design takes up less valuable real estate to provide more control in less space.
A single RS-485 communication interface port used for all network communication functions and interconnects to other modules. The Protege half-DIN rail 16-input expander uses the latest flash technology and high-performance communication mediums, the firmware can be updated using the Loadit utility over the system module network.
The 16 inputs can be assigned to any 4 areas in the system each being processed using different options or features, while address configuration is achieved using the address programming feature of the Protege system controller. ♦